I was going to just post some pictures (I've been known to take a few from time to time) but in my defense the upload icon is not working! So instead I'll let you in on what we've been up to.
The Little Man
Jack is basically potty-trained now. He only wears his pull-ups for nighttime... Way to go Jack :)
He is now in Level One swim lessons! I tried to get him in parent-tot classes one more time, but he seemed to be having way too much fun, and they are really just to get the kids used to water- he's there! So halfway through his ten lessons, they let him join the Level One class. We'll see how that goes, tomorrow will be his first time without Dad in the pool!
Jack has started going to Sunday School. We used this to bribe him into getting potty trained. I see now that bribes only work to a point, he was just ready finally, but he is so excited about his "school." He loves learning the songs and doing crafts, hearing the stories and answering questions (they tell me). We're lucky that "Nana Michelle" is there most Sundays. It definitely eases my anxiety to know she's with him.
He is almost three years old!.... And boy is he acting like it! :) In my opinion, he is testing us to see where his boundaries are, and I hate it because I love to indulge him, and I really shouldn't (right?). But aside from his moments of stereotypical three year oldness, he is just my favorite little pal. He is an excellent brother to Charlotte- he excels at running for burp cloths. He actually yelled at me a bit the other day because I used a dish towel on the fly, apparently a huge no-no. My favorite time is when he first wakes up in the morning, nine times out of ten he has this sweet little scrunched up face and tells me and Charlotte that he loves us. He's the best.
Charli-girl
Everything goes to her mouth! She gets this look in her eye, starts to stiffen up and shake her hands and goes after everything in sight.
She is talking
a TON.
And LOUDLY.
Nothing makes her light up like seeing/hearing her brother. It's awesome.
Charlotte is getting super-strong! Tonight while Jack took a bath Jordy put her up to the side of the tub and she held on while standing up. She did this on her own for about 1.9 seconds, which felt like forever to us! :)
At her most recent well baby check up, she was in the 70 to 75th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference. (For those of you who want to compare, Jack was consistently 80% for height and 20% for weight and head).
Charlotte still has a beautiful disposition, she rarely cries and when she has (3 times) it was always due to something I ate.... I'm much better at modifying my diet this time around, it makes me a little sad when I think I could have done a better job preventing Jack's tummy issues... Live and learn! :) Anyway, she sleeps about 6 hours or so for one stretch of the night, and eats every 1.5 to 2 hours other than that.
It's late (for us) and Jack's in bed making noise, Charlotte will be up soon to eat so I'm going to get some rest in..... Oh! Jack's bed is in Charlotte's room now... Maybe I'll get a picture up of that. I love it. I always wanted them to share a room. It's been kind of like musical beds in our house since she's been born, Jack is experimenting with where he is comfortable. It's amazing to think that he was in our bed until he was two, and when the heat wave came this summer he was back in our bed. Now he puts himself to sleep at naptime, and can sleep alone all night (but rarely does for now). Charlotte has been sleeping in her crib for most naps and all bedtimes for the last 2 months.
I'm loving being an at-home Mommy and hope to stay this way for as long as God will allow! :) It's been a time I have fully enjoyed and treasure. Unlike my last go-around ( I got to have 5 months with Jack before I returned to work) this time I am just enjoying the time I have at home, without worrying about the probable return to work. Life is good.
Goodnight! :)








2 comments:
I can't believe Jack is almost 3 and Charlotte is already 4 months! We really need to get together. I'll call you soon! Miss you!
Sounds like life is great. Enjoy being a mommy. We are so lucky to get to stay home with our little ones!
Post a Comment