April 5, 2010

Catching up: St. Patrick's Day

Some people think I take too many pictures.  I. Love. Pictures.  But I'm starting to see a little problem- I get overwhelmed with trying to pick ones to post that the post is never posted.  So I'm playing catch up and we're starting with St. Patrick's Day.

It's so cool that Jack is old enough to have more fun on these cool holidays.  Last year I sprayed his hair with green hairspray, colored his milk green, put on a green shirt, sent him to Linda's and that was that.  This year, I got to be home with him all day, so you know I had some stuff up my sleeve!

Except I came down with Strep two days before and completely forgot about the day.  I logged onto the internet to check babysteals.com, just like I do almost every morning, and the google homepage was all weird and celtic-y......  then I realized it.  Thankfully I had their clothes ready (because who really wears the St.Paddy's Day stuff early?) and whipped out a photo pronto.
These did not turn out...


But this one did!


I posted my *oops* on facebook and less than an hour later Linda came to my rescue when she texted me and told me to have Jack check the front door.


Next I tried to explain to Jack about how to set Leprechaun traps.... It felt really weird teaching him to set a trap so we could steal some guys' gold, but I did anyway.  He seemed confused...  His first trap was a bunch of cheerios scattered on the ground near the front door.  (This was going to be a loooooong day.)

I gave him some tips and we made a better trap for round #2.  While he was watching cartoons I told him there was a huge mess of books in the playroom- it must have been the Leprechaun!  His face was priceless.  He ran in and found his note and prize.

Next Great Papa came to my rescue... I needed better loot for the grand prize and couldn't get to the store (I wasn't prepared).  The girls were over by this time and we were all working on one massive trap before naptime.  They used "gold"fish crackers, gold coins, and books (?) to lure the Leprechaun in. Debby came by during nap with more treats for the winners, little m&m bunnies to go along with the box of Lucky Charms I had Chuck bring by.  They were so cute, I think I might have enjoyed it more than they did... But isn't that the fun of having kids?!


By the way, WHAT would I do without my awesome support?  I am super-spoiled.

2 comments:

Rob, Tami, Luca, and Gia Bellenghi said...

What a fun awesome day...you are such a great mama, even with strep! And yes you are spoiled. :)

samantha said...

Yeah what fun